What is not allowed is as follows:Advertising
- Advertising or soliciting other members to buy, sell or peruse any products or services through this discussion forum is not permitted. Chain letters and junk mail are also strictly prohibited. Topics/posts that contain this will be both edited and locked.Flaming
- Material that is knowingly defamatory, illegal, abusive, threatening or harassing, is strictly prohibited. As with anything, you, as a member, should use good common sense when posting. In other words, you agree not to be a jerk. Posts containing personal attacks on another user will be edited/deleted.Right to Privacy
- You will not violate a person's privacy by publishing against another members will, information that is private and personal.Spamming
-Topics/posts that are just complete nonsense will be deleted, at the moderators discretion. No Double Posting and No 1-3 word posts.Racism
- Topics/posts containing such will be edited/deleted accordingly.Porn
- Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene is not permitted on these forums. Topics/posts containing such will be deleted on sight.Accounts
- Each user is limited to one profile. If you have been banned, just wait out the ban period. If you wish to make a name change, post and buy one here: shop.php______________________________________________
What happens if I break the rules?
At best your post will be edited by one of the moderators and you will be issued a warning. If the offence is more serious your post will be deleted. Posting "why was my post edited/deleted?" etc. will only make matters worse so please don't.
Should you have already been issued warnings and continue to break the rules, you will be put on probation - your posting priviledges will be disabled, but you will still be able to view the forums.
For persistant and deliberate rule-breakers your account will be "Nuked" and put in the Banned Group. That means you are no longer welcome on these forums and your account will no longer function. If you re-register, your new account will be nuked immediately.______________________________________________
In the attempt to create a compromise where everyone is happy, the following suggestions are also recommended:
1. Be civil and courteous. This forum is visited by people from all over the world, of different ages and genders, and are each entitled to their own opinion. Also, see Flaming, Right to Privacy, and Racism.
2. Make sure that your message topics fit the topic description of the forum that you are posting in. This is for your own benefit - for example, a question regarding a Winamp problem will get a better (and possibly quicker) response in Winamp Technical Support, than it would in General Discussions.
3. Use the search function before posting, particularly if the question is problem oriented. Most technical questions have been answered before, and solutions are freely available. Also, Tech Support Greatest Hits contains a compilation of the most commonly asked technical support questions.
4. Make sure that you have followed #3 before posting
5. Read the sticky threads at the top of each forum - they are there for a reason, and generally contain information relevant to the forum that they are in.
6. Don't quote the entire message that you're responding to, only the pertinent passage. This makes it easier to read for other users.
7. Only post pictures when absolutely necessary, and when they are directly relevant to the topic discussion. If the image you are posting is large in size (either pixel size, file size, or both), then please post a link to the picture instead of posting the picture itself. Remember that not everybody has the T3 connection that you are accustomed to, and may have to wait some time for images to load